Skip to main content

Lampak North 6181m- Full Service Climbing Expedition- Places Open


LAMPAK NORTH 6181M - Inviting Climbers  


Garhwal Himalaya, India 

Period: June-July 2020
Duration: 15 days ex Joshimath
Reporting at: Joshimath, tentative reporting date June 20, 2020*  
Grade: Moderate.  Basic snow and ice climb involving multiple camps and glacier travel .
Route: Joshimath- Juma-Ruing-Garpak-Kalla Bamak-BC- ABC-C1- East Ridge
Expedition type: Full service guided climb, summit support 



A few words about the region

The region is not much frequented and the records show only five or six visits since 1950. The first foray was by the Scottish team lead by W.H. Murray in the 1950's. There is no record of any ascents during this trip. After a gap of four decades a small team from Mumbai visited this glacier in 1990 but could not climb any peaks. They were followed, more than a decade later, by the large Punjab Police team lead by Dr. P. M. Das in 2003. They claim to have climbed two peaks marked as Lampak I (South) and Lampak II (North) on the maps. There are notings of two teams from West Bengal visiting this area as well.  In May 2009, a team from Mumbai successfully climbed Lampak North.   Source: On Lampak North, Vinay Hegde, The Himalayan Journal, Vol-65  





For more information and to book your seat write to: Adventure Mania Himalaya 

An early bird discount of Rs.5000/ is on offer. Book your seat ASAP to avail that. 

Important Note:

1- Due to the rapidly evolving nature of the Covid-19 pandemic the date of commencement of our trips may change. 

2- We believe, simply due to its remoteness, any form of mountaineering in the Indian Himalaya is a serious undertaking. Since the route offers technical ice sections, participants are expected to have appropriate climbing skills. 


3-The high altitude alone requires a high degree of fitness and endurance. In addition, participants should already have some experience in high-altitude trekking and climbing. 

4-Adventure Mania Sherpa and Guide team will fix rope, help ferry loads and set up camps, take you to the summit, and even cook for you all along the route/trip. 

5-Our itineraries are built in a way so that the climber can acclimatise well and enjoy the expedition thoroughly and yet the trip ends within a comfortable time frame. 


Popular posts from this blog

Re-imagining The Future Of The Indian Adventurer- TedX Jadavpur University 2019

On 28th March, 2019, I was invited to speak at a TedX event organized by the Jadavpur University. The title of my talk was- ' Re-imagining the Future of the Indian Adventurer'. Here it is:  Here is the text of my talk along with the illustrations that I used that day.  Re-imagining The Future Of The Indian Adventurer   Image: Anindya Mukherjee Perhaps today my objective, above anything else, is to share a perspective. As we re-imagine the future in our own different ways, my personal motivation to do so, was simply to learn more and to explore- both what lies out there, and what I can find within myself. To satiate that urge I resorted to adventure, and I found that it answered in unexpected, mysterious, yet beautiful ways. Over the past 20 years I learnt that a life of adventure, like a few other noble pursuits, demands a long and devoted apprenticeship, physical, as well as philosophical.   I also learnt that adventure makes yo...

Nelion SE Face 2020- a Report

Introduction My first visit to the continent of Africa happened in 2005 and the sole purpose of that trip was to climb Mt. Kilimanjaro. No sooner had I finished the ascent to the roof of Africa, than I was invited by a complete stranger to visit his newly erected chapel in a remote village outside Arusha. ‘If you want to see the Real Africa you must come to my village,’ he said, and I followed him just like a hypnotized human being. My love affair with Africa started that day and I kept going back to Africa ever since. In 2012, I set out on my bicycle from Nanyuki, Kenya to Walvis Bay, Namibia; covering 5000 kms, across 5 countries (Kenya, Tanzania, Malawi, Zambia, and Namibia) in 69 days. This trip changed my approach towards life, and my love and understanding of Africa became deeper. To me, since then, the real Africa has been its people. Moreover, it is in this trip, I saw Mt. Kenya for the very first time.  On top of Kilimajnaro in 2005 In 2016, Martin Boner (...

Zemu Gap from south: the first documented ascent

view of Kangchenjunga south summit and Talung peaks from Tongshyong glacier. Pic. Anindya Mukherjee Text & Photographs: Anindya Mukherjee Introduction The history of exploration around Kangchenjunga [1] , especially around its south, south east and east flanks; has always fascinated me. The classic journeys and adventures of pioneers [2] like W.W. Graham, John Claude White, Douglas Freshfield, Dr. A.M. Kellas, Harold Raeburn, N.A.Tombazi, Lord John Hunt and Paul Bauer ignited my imagination. The height of inspiration of course came from reading my hero Mr. H.W. Tilman’s account in the Himalayan Journal (vol. IX) on his attempt on Zemu Gap from south in 1936. The primary challenge of climbing Zemu Gap from south has always been its remote & complicated approach. Many failed just to reach the foot of this col. To add to that its apparently impregnable defenses took Zemu Gap to a next level of exploratory climbing. In 1925, Greek photographer N.A.Tombazi is sai...